News and Current Issues:
LURF is the business association of Hawaii 's landowners and developers,
consisting of 22 member companies.
LURF takes a leading role in promoting reasonable land use regulation through the national and local media. LURF and its alliance partners work with reporters, editors, publishers, and broadcasters to provide a balanced view of economic and real estate development issues in Hawaii.
CURRENT LURF Issues
- City & County of Honolulu Mayor's Affordable Housing Advisory Group
- Hawaii Institute for Public Affairs - Infrastructure Project
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (LURF Member projects being compiled for ARRA Funding consideration)
- Ewa Development Plan Five Year Review - Comments Due Jan. 30, 2009 A proposed draft revised Ewa Development Plan was released for public review and comment and a workshop was held on October 25, 2008 to present the Public Review Draft Ewa DP and collect comments on the proposed changes - below find information from the workshop and status reports.
- Central Oahu Sustainable Communities Plan Review Documents
- County of Hawaii (Impact Fees, Infrastructure and Public
Facilities Needs Assessment):
PAST LURF Issues.
- State of Hawaii, Department of Agriculture
- LURF/SMS Affordable Housing Market
- LURF's Second Annual Planning Directors' Panel, held on
September 15, 2005:
- Report to the Legislature (Interagency Working Group):
- LURF's First Annual Planning Directors' Panel, held on August 18, 2004: